Term & Conditions
You accept these terms and conditions in full when you place a booking with our company directly or via an agent.
(1) All offers, prices, terms, and conditions are subject to change or withdrawal without notice until a confirmation is issued.
(2) Prices are stated in Japanese Yen and include a 10% Japanese consumption tax.
(3) Descriptions and details of our services are subject to potential changes at any time.
(4) The accommodation total stated on the confirmation is specific to the guest and accommodation reserved. Each house has a standard guest capacity and a separate maximum legal capacity. Any increase to the number of guests exceeding the standard capacity will incur an extra per-guest nightly fee. Infants aged 0 and above, as well as young children, are considered guests and count towards the maximum legal capacity of the accommodation. Whether infants and young children count towards the standard guest capacity is at the discretion of the property management company.
(5) Overbooking policy: Our company reserves the right to cancel bookings in the event of an overbooking situation. We will make all reasonable efforts to assist the guest in finding alternative accommodation of a similar or comparable standard. If alternative accommodation is provided, any difference in the accommodation fees will be the guest’s responsibility.
(6) Double booking clause: In rare circumstances, your booking may be subject to cancellation due to a double booking caused by a system error. If this occurs, we will notify you promptly and offer to relocate you to another available accommodation or provide a full refund.
(7) Room availability guarantee: We make every effort to honor all reservations and utilize software to minimize instances of unavailability. However, if circumstances beyond our control prevent us from providing the reserved room (e.g., double booking, room unavailability, technical issues), we will strive to offer alternative accommodation of equivalent standard. If alternative accommodation is not available, a full refund of the reservation deposit will be provided.
(8) Price discrepancy: Our company reserves the right to cancel bookings in the event of a pricing error. Such errors may result from technical issues, human error, misunderstandings, or miscommunications. A pricing error refers to cases where the price listed on our website or on an online travel agent’s website is lower than the agreed-upon pricing between the property owner and the property management company, or if the price on an online travel agent’s website is less than the price listed on our company’s website for the same dates. In such rare cases, we will assist the guest in finding alternative accommodation.
(9) Force Majeure: Please refer to the section below for details.
(1) Payment of the deposit is required before a booking can be confirmed.
(2) For winter bookings, defined as checking-in between December 1 and March 31:
(a) If the confirmation date is more than 60 days before check-in, the deposit is 30% of the total accommodation rate and is not refundable. For bookings that stay over Dec 31st, the payment amount of 100% is required and is non-refundable.
(b) If the confirmation date is 60 days or less before check-in, the payment amount is 100% of the accommodation total and is not refundable.
(3) The following applies to Green Season bookings, defined as checking-in between April 1 and November 30:
(a) A 30% deposit is required upon booking and refundable up to 21 days before check-in. The balance of the accommodation total is due 21 days before arrival and is not refundable.
(4) In case of Japan government policies enforcing a border closure due to COVID-19, we will offer refunds by request, minus any transfer fees.
(5) Payment method: We accept credit card, bank transfers, and payments through services like wise.com. Bank transfer fees must be paid for by the party placing the booking. A 3.25% transaction fee will apply when paying by credit card. All payments must be made in Japanese Yen.
Cancellation by the Guest
(1) The following applies to bookings checking-in between December 1 and March 31:
(a) Cancellation within 2 days of confirmation but more than 60 days before check-in: Full refund minus any transfer fees.
(b) Cancellation after 2 days of confirmation. Any payment made is forfeited.
(2) The following applies to bookings checking-in between April 1 and November 30:
(a) Cancellation more than 21 days before check-in: Full refund.
(b) Cancellation 21 days or less before check-in: 100% of the accommodation total.
(3) Any refund will be paid via a bank transfer or credited to a credit card, minus any transfer fees and exchange rate losses.
Cancellation by the Property Management Company
The property management company reserves the right to cancel the accommodation contract under the following circumstances:
(1) If the guest engages in or is likely to engage in conduct that violates the law, goes against public order and good morals, or is detrimental to the property management company’s reputation.
(2) If the guest is suspected or found to have an infectious disease or a contagious condition that poses a risk to others.
(3) If accommodating the guest would impose an unreasonable burden on the property management company.
(4) If the guest is intoxicated to a degree that may disturb other guests or engages in disruptive behavior that significantly disturbs the peace and comfort of others.
(5) If the guest fails to comply with the property’s rules and regulations.
(6) If the guest violates any specific prohibitions outlined in the house regulations, such as smoking in restricted areas or misusing fire safety equipment. (Prohibitions are established to prevent fire hazards).
(7) If the guest is associated with organized crime groups, including but not limited to being a member, having ties, or being part of an organization with connections to organized crime.
(8) If the guest represents a corporate entity or organization controlled by organized crime groups, or has board members who are considered members of organized crime groups.
(9) If the guest has made previous intimidating or unfair requests to the property management company or its employees, including threats, violence, blackmail, or burdensome demands, whether at the current property or a different property.
(10) If the guest refuses to provide the necessary information as requested in accordance with Article 8.
(11) If the property management company determines that the guest has used the property for purposes other than accommodation, such as parties, gatherings, business activities, exhibitions, sales activities, or commercial photography, without prior authorization from the property management company.
(12) Additionally, please refer to the Booking section for information regarding our Overbooking Policy, Double Booking Clause, Room Availability Guarantee, and Price Discrepancy policies.
Please note that the property management company is committed to ensuring a comfortable and safe environment for all guests. The aforementioned policies are in place to maintain the integrity of our accommodations and the well-being of our guests.
Guest Services & Third Party Services
(1) Our company acts as an intermediary in facilitating bookings for various 3rd party services related to your stay. The payment and cancellation policies of these service providers may differ from our company’s terms and conditions. In certain instances, we may require advance payment for securing the requested services prior to your stay. Upon check-in, we will request a credit card for incidentals, which may also be used for settling any outstanding payments for third-party services that the guest has reserved but failed to pay. In the event that we receive notification from a third party regarding the use of their services without proper payment, our company reserves the right to settle the outstanding amount on behalf of the guest using the registered credit card.
(2) For restaurant bookings, we maintain a strict 24-hour cancellation & amendment policy. Any modifications or cancellations to reservations must be confirmed at least 24 hours prior to the scheduled reservation date and time. Failure to comply with this policy, including no-shows or cancellations within the 24-hour period, will result in our company charging a fee of 3000 yen per guest as compensation for the inconvenience caused. This fee is paid directly to the restaurant.
(3) Any refunds issue will be in full, minus any transfer fees or costs incurred by our company.
(1) An extra person nightly fee applies to any booking over the standard number of people in an accommodation where we approve. Additional guests will be accommodated on Japanese futons.
(2) The maximum legal number of guests per accommodation may not be exceeded.
(3) Children aged 0 years and above count as an occupant. but do not incur the extra person charge for up to 1 child if extra bedding is not required.
(1) As a property management company, we maintain the right to change or upgrade accommodations with those of a comparable quality and type. In the event that we are unable to offer accommodations of an equivalent standard in the aforementioned circumstances, we will refund the Yen amount paid. Accommodation standard is determined our company.
(2) No part of the accommodation or stay may be sublet to a third party without the written approval of Hakuba White Fox Co. All persons staying in the accommodation must be recorded on the booking and abide by these terms and conditions.
(3) During your stay with us, we want to emphasize that the responsibility for your personal belongings rests solely with you. This includes but is not limited to your car, any items brought with you, items purchased during your stay, or items rented from external providers. While Japan is considered a very safe country with low crime rates, we strongly recommend exercising caution and taking appropriate measures to safeguard your possessions. While we strive to maintain a secure and safe environment, our property management company cannot assume responsibility for any loss, damage, or theft of personal belongings. We encourage you to ensure the security of your valuables by locking your accommodations, and taking advantage of any additional security measures provided. Your possessions are valuable and deserve your attention and care throughout your stay.
(1) A parking space is provided at each accommodation. These are provided as-is. While we provide designated parking areas for each property, we want to clarify that our property management company cannot be held responsible for any damage that may occur to your vehicle. Please refrain from parking in unauthorized areas or on neighboring properties. It is important to respect the boundaries of our neighbor’s properties and avoid driving over or through them. Please be aware that neighbors have taken action in the past, including contacting the police, arranging for vehicle towing, or requesting compensation for any infringements. We appreciate your adherence to these guidelines to maintain a harmonious environment for all guests and neighbors.
(2) We cannot be held liable for any damage to vehicles caused by natural events such as storms, falling branches, or other acts of nature. We encourage you to take necessary precautions and park your vehicle in areas to minimize any potential risks. Damage to “acts of god” events are not covered by insurance. Please park to avoid any issues.
(1) By booking our properties, the guest accepts responsibility for any damage to the property. This includes furniture, floors, walls, ceilings, kitchenware, and anything on the property. It is the guest’s responsibility to inform the property management company of any damage so that repairs can be made in a timely manner.
(2) All of our properties have a strict no shoes, ski boots, snowboard boots or outerwear inside the home, except for the initial shoe area immediately inside the front door. Damage regularly exceeds 100,000 JPY for even the simplest damage to a wall or floor.
(3) A valid credit card is required as a security deposit, and you authorize us to charge all fees and charges properly chargeable under this agreement to that credit card.
CHECK-IN/OUT & REGISTRATION
(1) Check In Time is 15:00. Check Out Time is 10:00. Guests must leave the accommodation by check out time.
(2) Japanese law requires that we obtain all guests’ full names, nationalities, passport numbers, postal addresses, and occupations at check-in.
(3) If the accommodation was paid for by credit card, the card must be presented at check-in for verification.
(1) For stays of 5-7 nights, we offer one complete accommodation cleaning and linen change between the check-in and check-out dates. This is referred to as a “middle of stay clean” or “middle clean.” For stays of 8 nights or longer, we provide two full accommodation cleanings and linen changes. Middle clean dates are pre-scheduled and communicated to the guest during check-in. If guests wish to have more frequent cleanings, they may request them for an additional fee. However, please note that our company cannot guarantee the fulfillment of such requests or changes to the dates of middle of stay cleans.
(2) Apart from the middle cleanings, guests are expected to empty any full rubbish bins and place them in the designated large rubbish bin located outside the accommodation. A rubbish removal company will visit multiple times per week to collect rubbish from the outside bin. There are extra rubbish bags in the kitchen.
(3) Each accommodation is stocked with shampoo, conditioner, body soap, and hand soap. We also provide tea, coffee, sugar, olive oil, salt, and pepper. In the kitchen, guests will find dishwasher powder, aluminum foil, cling wrap, and paper towels. Additionally, we supply laundry washing powder, tissues, and cleaning products. Should guests require more of any of these items, they can make a request to our staff. These are also refilled during the middle cleans if needed.
(1) We enforce a strict no-pet policy for most of our accommodation units unless otherwise stated. Cherrywoods Place, Grey Wolf Chalet, Black Crane Chalet, and Ahiru Chalet accept dogs. Dogs must be house trained and non-puppy. We require a prepaid 100,000 JPY damage deposit and a non-refundable 20,000 JPY cleaning fee. The deposit will be refunded after checkout if there is no damage. If there is damage, we will require the guest to pay to fix it either through the deposit or an invoice once an estimate has been obtained.
(1) All our properties are non-smoking. Some properties do not have an outside covered smoking area.
(2) Smoking, vaping, and e-cigarettes are strictly prohibited in all of our chalets.
(3) If guests smoke in the accommodation and continue to smoke after being requested to stop, we may evict the group or any individual from the accommodation without any refund.
(4) In the event that guests engage in smoking within the accommodation premises, despite being instructed to cease, we reserve the right to evict either the entire group or individual guests from the premises without providing any refund. Moreover, if any member of the group has smoked in the accommodation, additional cleaning expenses will be imposed. Furthermore, costs associated with compensating subsequent guests who are affected by the lingering smell of smoke or compensating the accommodation owner for relocating bookings to alternative rooms may also be charged. The minimum fee for such incidents will be equivalent to the average nightly booking rate of the stay, but it may be subject to increase based on the circumstances.
Online Booking Sites
(1) Our properties are listed on online booking sites. If you are booking with an online booking site, please note that the cancellation terms may be different due to limitations of the website.
(2) Due to increased fake bookings from overseas, we require a response from our guests. Upon check-in, we will also take copies of passports and the credit card used for payment. If we can’t verify a guest or don’t receive a response, we reserve the right to cancel the booking.
Travel Insurance and Liability
(1) Hakuba White Fox Co. operates wholly in Japan, and the law of Japan applies to all services provided. Where agents and principals offer services, the bookings are made subject to the terms and conditions of the agent or principal.
(2) Subject to Japanese law, Hakuba White Fox Co., our agents and principals are not liable for any loss, damage, delay, consequential loss, injury, or death resulting from any act, alteration, or omission by Hakuba White Fox Co., our agents or principals, any third party, an act of God, or other circumstances.
(3) We expect guests to protect themselves against all travel risks, including the possibility of having to cancel a holiday or alter travel dates, with appropriate travel insurance, which they arrange at the time they pay their deposit.
In the event that the provision of accommodation services is hindered, delayed, or rendered impossible due to a force majeure event, the property management company shall not be held liable for any failure to provide accommodation as agreed upon. A force majeure event refers to any event or circumstance beyond the reasonable control of the property management company, including, but not limited to, acts of God, natural disasters, epidemics, pandemics, government regulations, strikes, lockouts, or any other event that is beyond the control of the property management company.
During the occurrence of a force majeure event, the property management company shall make reasonable efforts to mitigate the effects and minimize disruption to the provision of accommodation services. This may include, but is not limited to, assisting guests in finding alternative accommodation options or refunding the applicable fees.
In the event that a force majeure event occurs, the property management company shall promptly notify the affected guests and provide them with relevant information regarding the situation and any alternative arrangements that may be available.
If the force majeure event prevents the property management company from fulfilling its obligations to provide accommodation services for a significant duration, either party may terminate the agreement by providing written notice to the other party. In such case, the property management company shall refund any applicable fees paid by the guests for the unfulfilled accommodation services, minus any costs already incurred by the property management company directly related to the provision of accommodation.
It is understood that the property management company shall not be liable for any additional costs or damages incurred by guests as a result of the force majeure event, including, but not limited to, travel expenses, alternative accommodation costs, or any other consequential losses.
This force majeure clause shall be governed by the laws of Japan and shall apply to all accommodation services provided by the property management company.
Last Updated: Feb 2, 2022