Hakuba White Fox Company is always looking to add great people to our team.
For all of our teams, we ensure proper training for any tasks you are required to do.
We hire for two general roles:
1) Guest Services / Concierge / Office Duties
2) Housekeeping / Other Duties
We are looking to hire as either full time, year round or seasonal (Dec-Mar), or part time (minimum 2 days/week)
Full Time: All year round (30hrs+/week)
Seasonal: Dec – March/early Apr (20hrs+/week)
Part Time: Min 2 Days/week (8hrs+/week) – Housekeeping Team Only
Guest services team members must have a valid Japanese driver license or International Drivers License.
Housekeeping team members – need to be able to get to Echoland as our team travels around together in one vehicle.
Guest Services Role:
Below is a general guideline of tasks our staff does.
– Chalet Pre-Check Ins – ensuring the accommodation is fully ready for guest use (house is warm, bed configurations are as requested, internet is working, Netflix is logged in, checking the cleaning is complete – we provide a check list)
– Collecting luggage or packages the guest has sent to the office and taking it to the chalet.
– Meeting & transporting guests to & from Hakuba train station or bus stations on arrival and departure.
– Checking guests in – collecting IDs and showing guests how to use various functions in the chalet.
– Answering any guest questions about the chalet or Hakuba.
– Ensure they know about the reservations we’ve made for them (ski lessons, ski hire, restaurant reservations, car rental).
– Turning on/off heated parking lots, making sure walkways are clear, and cars are cleared of snow.
– For those proficient in Japanese, make restaurant, taxi, or airport transport reservations.
– For those proficient in English, replying to guest emails or answer phone calls.
You will work with my full time housekeeping staff to ensure the houses are kept to the highest standard of cleanliness.
My team is very professional and efficient. Everyone meets daily at 10am at our office for a quick morning meeting, and then travels together in our Hi-Ace van. You only need to get to our office and my year-round staff will do the driving. Anyone joining will go through full training before the busy periods. We will show how we want beds made, kitchen cleaned, bathrooms organized, floors, windows, and other areas maintained. We keep high standards on cleanliness. Our housekeeping team is extremely important to the operations and success of our entire company. Actual housekeeping hours range between 10am (check-out time) to 3pm (check-in time), while the range of work hours might go longer, depending on the day.
– Housekeeping is paid hourly. For winter, it is 1500 yen/hour.
– Guest services staff pay is competitive and depends on experience. For full year staff, Japanese + English language is required.
– Subsidized accommodation for seasonal staff
– Subsidized private car for the season
– Free SIM card (phone + data)